|Facts and History|
In 1947, ABEL GmbH was founded as an engineering company by Wilhelm Abel in Düsseldorf. In the beginning, the company manufactured and sold pumps for the mining industry. As the years passed, additional products and sales markets were added. Today, ABEL is known throughout the world for its production of diaphragm, solids handling, high pressure and marine pumps. By now, the company group consists of several firms and approximately 130 employees worldwide.
The design and development, production, and customer service departments are located together at the company’s headquarters in Büchen, just outside of Hamburg.
Since 2015, ABEL has been a part of the Hillenbrand Group, a global diversified industrial company.
Administration and manufacturing plant:
Sales and service companies:
|More than a few ABEL pumps have lasted for
30 years (and longer).
1971: The first piston diaphragm pump with polypropylene head is delivered.
1975: The first hose-diaphragm piston pump (in which the medium is transported within a hose-shaped diaphragm) is delivered.
1982: Market launch of the spherical diaphragm pump, a further development of the hose-diaphragm piston pump.
1990: The first conical-valve solids handling pump is developed and delivered.
1995: Market launch of the first electromechanical diaphragm pump (with patented drive concept) in the world.
1995: Market launch of the first HM pump – a piston diaphragm pump with pre-formed, stretch-free diaphragm.
1999: Market launch of the HMS and HMD, which were the first complete series of single and double-action piston diaphragm pumps in the world with pre-formed, stretch-free membrane.
2001: Expansion of the HM series, triplex pumps (HMT), and quadruplex pumps (HMQ). The HM series was expanded to include pumps with more than 100 m³/h (440 GPM) and up to 25.0 MPa (3625 psi) of pump pressure.
2003: Development of the HPT series, which are high pressure plunger pumps used as process pumps with up to 25.0 MPa (3625 psi) of pump pressure.